Saturday 9 October 2010

The Salt Water Cleanse

Well, I spoke to a trichologist about my hair and to be honest she wasn't insightful at all. My internet findings have been so much more informative.
This is what I've found out so far...
Post Accutane hair loss is a common side affect that for some reason they haven't put on the medication leaflet, nor did the nurse tell me. I wouldn't have taken it if I knew about this. So, I am extremely fumed. The good new is that it's not permanent, and your hair stops falling, and grows back once it's out of your system. Which led me to stop my cod liver oil as this has a really high % of Vitamin A ,and also my hair tablets just in case it had vitamin A in it.
Second thing I decided to do was a full body detox. Now, I didn't want to do like a full fasting, eat nothing detox. I can't even bear the thought of that to be honest, especially as I'm going to the gym. I checked out the Master Cleanse - you know the one that Beyonce did? Lemon, Cayenne Pepper and Maple Syrup. If you want full detail on how to do it, go to this site as it provides the recipe too. It's a no eating one, so not for me. Another part of the Master Cleanse is the Salt Water Cleanse. This intrigued me as it wasn't a no eating thing, but it clears you out. The saltwater flush works by moving through the body and breaking up fecal matter, which is then carried out of the body with the water. The salt and water don’t separate, and it has the same specific density as blood. The kidneys, therefore, can not collect the water, and the blood cannot collect the salt. The liquid will move through the body uninterrupted and clean toxins from the intestines as it moves through. It really cleans out the colon and all your digestive organs. I like this article as it explains it well.
You mix 1 quart of water (Around 1.4litres) 2 Teaspoons of pure, non iodised Sea Salt, and as an optional ingredient which I would suggest you use, a few squeezes of lemon or lime. The first time I did it, I mis-read and put 2 tablespoons :-s However, the saltier the better, so the tablespoon could be a good thing...
You warm the water so that its room temperature/ luke warm, add your salt and lemon, mix it, and my suggestion would be to down it. As a side note, I would suggest using filtered water as tap water has lots of chemicals in, and bottle water is sometimes worse than tap water. Just get a Brita filter jug for £10 and you're on your way.

I couldn't drink a whole quart, so I had about 2 pint glasses. You are supposed to do it first thing in the morning, and on an empty stomach. There are people online who do it in the evening, and I personally am not doing anything without coffee in my belly in the morning..! And it worked! OMG!! Lol!

You drink it, then about 20-30mins later, you feel it 'brewing' up in your tummy, and then you 'cleanse'.
Other things you can do to aid the process is, once you've drunk your quart you can lie down on your right side for 30mins so that the mixture can go into your small intestine. You can rub your belly to break up any fecal matters that are lodged in your tummy and wont come out! Also, the night before it's recommended to drink some laxative tea, I didn't do this, but I guess you could try it.

I've been doing it for 2 days now, and I have to say, I feel lighter. I think this is a great way of clearing out toxins in your body, and I think it'll be a great way of clearing any remainder of the medicine in my body.

After doing this for a week, people have said their skin looks clearer, they have more energy, they feel lighter and have lost weight. I'm excited for all the added benefits :-)

Let me know if you guys decide to try this...I would suggest it!

ShameeraXxX

No comments:

Post a Comment