Sunday 24 October 2010

Health Kick

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is well?

I've been so bad with food for the past few weeks, and have barely gone to the gym. I am now feeling it :-s
I checked, and I haven't put on any weight, thank god but I need to go back to the working out and healthy eating.
I am thinking of making some breakfast/cereal bars, as I never eat breakfast which is something I want to change. I've have found this recipe, to which I've made some  a lot of changes to.

65g low fat margarine - I'll use low fat peanut butter as a binder instead.
160ml runny acacia blossom (or similar) honey - I always use Manukka Honey - It's much better for you.
50g brown sugar - I think I'll leave this out, or just add a sprinkling.
130g wholemeal flour
200g rolled oats
100g sunflower seeds
160g chopped dried apricots, dates and raisins mixed - Just the dates for me!
50g chopped nuts (walnuts/pecans)
25g sesame seeds - No thanks! I want to try linseed's as they're meant to be really good for you. Sesame seeds are so full of oil and quite fatty. Plus, I'm not a fan.

Method (If you want to make the original recipe haha!)
In a small saucepan melt the margarine over a low heat. Add the honey and sugar, stir and bring to the boil. Simmer for five minutes then remove from the heat and let it cool slightly.
In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, flour, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, nuts and sesame seeds. Gradually stir in the sugar mixture and firmly press into a greased baking dish about 25cm x 18cm. Bake at 350F/180C/Gas Mk 4 for 25 minutes or until golden.
Leave to cool and cut into bars.

I'm just going to put it all in a bowl, mix it up and leave it to set. Hope it works :-s I'll keep you posted! Has anyone got any other good recipes? Or low fat recipes that would keep me full?

When I need to motivate myself to go to the gym, I do a number of things:
1) Watch Music channels, they're all so slim and toned...Motivation!
2) Look at clothes you want to wear, but cant!
3) Think about how good you will look and feel afterwards.
4) Drink some green tea (or coffee as I sometimes do :-s) half an hour before, and it will perk you up. Another thing is diet coke, I know it's not healthy but it really perks me up.
Also, keep hydrated through the day (with water!) so that you don't become lethargic by the end of the day if you go after work like myself.
5) If you're feeling sleepy/tired, take some multi-vitamins + iron. Chances are, you could be lacking in something.
6) Doing fun classes. I really enjoy Pilates & Power Plate.
7) Lots of good music...download some good stuff so that you look forward to listening to it.

Have you got any tips on getting yourself to the gym? Mine are all pretty shallow lol!
I've just motivated myself to go ....

Have a great Sunday :D
Love ShameeraXxX

No comments:

Post a Comment