Wednesday 28 April 2010

Review: Chanel Vita - Lumiere

I’m working in Oxford this week, so I’m sat here at work, as we’ve ordered Nandos in…Yummm! I don’t want to go back to the hotel, as it’s boring & there’s nothing to watch till Desperate Housewives at 10pm. I’m just downloading Google Chrome so that I can watch Youtube on my laptop…I just hope it works! There’s also a new episode of Gossip Girl up, so I really want to watch that too.


Ok, so on to the review. I have wanted his foundation for ages, and I mean ages. Ever since I started watching pixiwoo on YouTube. Before, my skin was too oily for the foundation, and so I would’ve got shiny straight away….I didn’t actually have to do anything for the ‘dewy’ look, as I had it within an hour of applying my foundation! I absolutely loved the Chanel Matte Lumiere to control oil, and stay matte, with a nice finish all day. I never actually ever touched up. A typical day for me is 9-5, then the gym…So that’s saying something about the lasting power of the foundation.


Once my skin became dry with the Roaccutane I was so happy that the foundation was finally right for my skin type. I went in so many times to get the foundation, but they never had my colour…Finally, they got stock in. I can’t remember the colour I am now, as the bottle is back at the hotel, but it was a shade darker than my Matte Lumiere, and I’m 20 in that. I would say it’s still a bit too light. That’s easily rectifiable though, as if you want a foundation to match, I’ve found the best thing to do is add a little colour match foundation – I use Boots Intelligent Colour foundation as it’s nice and light. Anyways, so the foundation…I think I had so many high expectations of it that I was a little disappointed. The texture is nice, but a little thick for my liking and it does not go on well with a stippling brush, I had to swap to my old foundation brush I think it’s a 197? It’s not easy to blend. I can’t remember. The lasting power is not as good as the Matte Lumiere, as I can see the red-ness show around my nose half way through the day. The finish isn’t as nice either…I felt it looked like I have foundation on, rather than a nice, natural finish. I have only used it for 2 day and already I am breaking out with it, so it’s making me not want to use it. The plus points of the foundation is the coverage, it definitely gives you the ‘flawless’ look, and also you only have to set it with a light dusting of powder…nothing too heavy like Mac StudioFix, more like a Mineralise Skin Finish.


So far, out of my three new foundations I’ve purchased, I like the Revlon Photoready the best. However, the glitter particles are a little annoying as they maybe good for photos, but everyday life…Not so much! I still wear it all the time though!!


Enjoy your evening everyone…
Love from MyFrostedWorldXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment