Friday 28 January 2011

Yesterday I met a really nice makeup counter girl...

Hello!

How is everyone? I've got a few things to update on, first I'll do a few skincare items, and then I'll do one on a new health food bar I've found.

This is going to be a long one...I'll start with Estee Lauder.

So, yesterday I went into Boots to pick up a bottle of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, and I got such a nice sales assistant. Don't you love it when you get a really nice one, who is really helpful and just wants to keep giving you free things? This one was lovely! I literally spent my whole lunchtime speaking to her lol! So, with my Advanced Night, I've been using the whole pipette worth of product, as when I previously bought it I didn't have a nice sales assistant, it was one of those old ladies plastered in makeup. So, I've been using far too much, as all you need is 3-4 drops worth for the whole face and neck. When I tried this last night, it's so true! Previously, I had to wait for the product to sink in till I could put my face cream on, last night it went in straight away, ready for cream. She explained how the product protects and repairs damage, and how it actually has 20 patents. With this product, I love it because you can actually see the difference in your skin as you continue to use it. You can learn more about it here.

The second product I've read about, but never tried was the Idealist Pore Minimising Skin Refinisher. Now this product I am really impressed with. This is your day serum, so you use it then moisturise. I have used this for 2 days now, and I can see a difference in my pore sizes. I think this is just the product having short term effects, but with time I want to see if it does actually improve them permanently. Apparently, it can improve them by 65%! My makeup goes on smoother, and it has such an amazingly, silky feeling. If you get the chance to try this product, I would really recommend it just for the look and feel it gives your skin. To learn more about this product, go here.

Picture to break up the words!



Then, she gave me a few samples, one being the new Daywear cream. Basically, it's the same as the old formula but with a lot more protection. She got out a piece of card, and put some cream on one blob, and left the other plain and shone a UV light on. The unprotected one got damaged straight away, however the Daywear didn't at all. I'm skeptical about these kinds of things, of course if you put something on a piece of card it wont damage! It comes in Normal/combination, Dry and Oily formulations.
She also gave me the tinted version. This one I was impressed with, it's a normal, white cream but once you rub it in, it turns into a glow. I love it so much! It's great for days you dont want to wear foundation, or under foundation for a more, even look. There isn't any coverage at all, but it'll even out the skin.
You can learn more about these products here.

However, I've got a new moisturiser that I'm trying out....

That leads me nicely onto my Decleor Today's Special Value purchase from QVC. I bought this for the Cleanser and Prolagene Gel. I think this post is getting quite wordy now so I'll go into the benefits of these products in another post...Leave a little suspense!

Have you tried any new skincare lately?
Love ShameeraXxX

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Estee Lauder range, but can't really afford it just yet! hehe
    I love when you get nice sales staff, but hate it at the same time because it makes you want to buy even more!! grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should ask for samples! Good thing about Estee Lauder is their samples are quite big :) It's so true though, when they're nice you end up buying more!!

    ReplyDelete