Sunday 14 November 2010

Shopping and Pain...

Hey Guys,


How has everyone been? I know I haven't posted for a while, but I've been going through some stuff which has just been upsetting...Boys! I won't go into the details as it's not that kinda blog...but I'm feeling a lot better now.


So, that made me think why is it when we're upset we shop? Seriously, over the last week I've spent so much and it was all to make me feel better. Whilst I was buying, I felt loads better, but as soon as I got home that pain came back :-( It's that short -lived rush of happiness you get...I love the quote from Confessions of a Shopaholic where she says
"When I shop the world gets better, the world is better; and then it's not anymore and I have to do it again..."  


Then if we cant or don't shop, we eat...This in turn makes us feel bad as we wont eat healthy things like cucumber sticks (well some may, I don't!), but we eat chocolate and cupcakes....!! We'll eat it, then wish we hadn't...Vicious circle!!


Yesterday, I went for my first pedicure...It was good, just sitting there, relaxing and listening to the pan pipe music, and after it thought I feel so relaxed and so much better. After a simple pedicure...It wasn't even all that. I prefer facials! However, that hour of just relaxing, really made a world of difference. Which led me to think, forget shopping, eating, crying...and all that bad stuff, just pamper yourself haha!! This worked out great till I got an email from an ex (There are only 2 guys...lol!) and I was back to square one! Good job I have a facial booked tomorrow for Eid haha!!


Sometimes talking it over and over just doesn't help, and you need other things to make yourself feel better. Also, I don't know about you, but I end up feeling like a broken record "why..." blah blah...!! Plus, personally I'm not one of these people who likes to admit they're sad or upset, I like to just put on a strong front, pretend I'm fine and get on with it.


So, what do you guys do to cheer yourselves up?? What kind of person are you when you get upset?


Let me know :D


Love ShameeraXxX

No comments:

Post a Comment