Thursday 14 January 2010

Pasta

I've been craving pasta since lunchtime yesterday, so I'm going to give in and make it as low cal as possible.
I'm going to weigh the pasta so that I know how many cals is in the portion.
For the mince, I'm not going to use too much and it will be chicken, not lamb. I'm going to add loads of veg in too so that its filling, I'm adding peppers, sweetcorn, mushrooms, extra tomatoes, courgettes and a a few frozen peas. This way, I have less meat, and more veg. I'm going to make my own pasta sauce which is just frying of the onions in a little olive oil, tomato, fresh basil, salt, chilli powder and oregano. Then I'm going to add the mince and all my veg. Cook it off, and then add water so that its more soupey if its dry. Then I HAVE to have white sauce, but I just cook off the flour and add milk & salt- no butter roux!! Then I'm going to put it all together and bake it. It's just a normal pasta bake really, but just reduced amounts of fat! Oh and a tiny, tiny sprinkling of cheese.

Day 3 and I'm starting to enjoy it! I think I'll buy new cereals tomorrow though, I'm quite enjoying them! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment